Classic Cusco, Machu Picchu 5 days
Itinerary: Classic Cusco, Machu Picchu 5 days
Day 01: Reception in Cusco – excursion city tour
A.M. Reception at the airport and transfer to the selected hotel in Cusco, where you will be served an aromatic coca tea, stimulating the height of the city, and then you will rest and have lunch before the start of the city tour.
1:30 PM City Tour: We will visit the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha, likewise we will appreciate the main streets, we will also visit the archaeological centers near the city of Cusco, the Sacsayayaman Fortress, Kenko, Puca Pucara and finally Tambomachay at 7: 00 pm transfer to the hotel.
- Hotel in Cusco
Day 02.- Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas – “Aguas Calientes” (hotel)
This day, we will take the tour to the “Sacred Valley of the Incas” beginning the tour at 7:30 AM, picking you up from the hotel to go to the Qorao viewpoint, start of our tour, and then go to Pisac, where we will visit the typical market where is the famous arts and crafts fair. Then we will go to the archaeological group of Pisac where there are picturesque cultivated terraces on the mountain, then we will go to Urubamba where we will have lunch (buffet lunch). Then, we will visit the Ollantaytambo Fortress, where the descendants of the Incas lived in the houses of the Incas and finally we will go to the Ollantaytambo train station to board the train (train schedule to be confirmed) and head to “Aguas Calientes”, We will travel approximately 2 hours, upon arrival in Aguas Calientes they are waiting for us to later install them in the hotel, where we will spend the night, in “Aguas Calientes” (town of Machu Picchu).
- Aguas Calientes
Day 3.- Visit to the citadel Machu Picchu – Cusco
This day we will start very early and after breakfast we will board the first bus, we will travel for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a 2-hour guided tour to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu. Once the visit ends, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $20 USD per person.
At the appropriate time, we will descend from Machu Picchu towards Aguas Calientes, where you can have lunch in one of the many restaurants that exist in this city (lunch not included).
In the afternoon, we will take the train back to ollantaytambo and finally to Cusco (you must arrive at the station 30 minutes before the departure of the train), upon arrival at the train station in Ollantaytambo, a representative of our company will be waiting for you to take you to your Hotel in Cusco (1 hour and 30 minute trip by car).
- Breakfast, lunch
- Hotel (Cusco)
Day 4.- South zone of Cusco
08:30 a.m. to 02:30 p.m: Guided tour to the south of Cusco, we will visit the tourist attractions of Tipón (Water Temple), Pikillacta (pre-Inca archaeological remains) and the Sistine Church of Andahuaylillas.
Free afternoon in Cusco, you will have the opportunity to visit the museums located in the center of the city and you will also have the opportunity to visit the Qosqo Native Art Center, to see performances of typical Cusco dances.
- Breakfast, dinner
Day 5.- Cusco – return to Lima
- At the appropriate time, pick up from the hotel and transfer to the airport to take our flight back to Lima.
- Transfers terminal AIR / HTL / Terminal AIR.
- Excursion: City Tour (transportation and guide).
- Excursion: Sacred Valley (transportation and guide).
- Excursion: south side of Cusco (transportation and guide).
- Tourist ticket (entrances to the city, Sacred Valley and all the attractions mentioned in the itinerary).
- Tour to Machu Picchu.
- Round trip train (tourist train) Ollanta – “Aguas Calientes” – Ollanta.
- Bus up and down to “Aguas Calientes” – Machu Picchu.
- Official tour guide.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Transfer back to Ollanta – Cusco.
- Hotel 01 night in “Aguas Calientes”.
- 03 nights of accommodation in a Cusco hotel.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley
- Food: lunches and dinners.
- Optional: buffet lunch in the town of Machu Picchu $27.00 USD (at the client’s request).
- Air flights Lima – Cusco – Lima (optional additional cost of $240.00 USD).
- Entrance to the mountain of Wayna Picchu (optional $20 USD)
- Entrance to the thermal baths (S / .10 soles optional).
What you should bring:
- Bring the original passport and migration card (TAM).
- Wear light sneakers or tennis shoes.
- Bottle of water from the canteen.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your hikes.
- Bring a raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts.
- Wear long pants.
- Bring insect repellent.
- Bring sunscreen, a brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Bring binoculars.
- Bring sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Bring medications and/or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- Bring a backpack or light suitcase.
- Bring a camera or camcorder.
- Have checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars on hand.
- Bring a bathing suit for the hot springs (optional).
- Hostal 3 * 550 USD Arcángel, Amaru Inca and Colonial or similar
- 3* Hotel 620USD Garcilazo, San Agustin Internacional, or similar
- 4 * hotel 760 USD Plaza San Agustín, Sonesta Cusco or similar
- 5* hotel 1310 USD Marriot hotel, Sumaq hotel, Vistadome train.
DISCOUNT FOR STUDENTS: 20 US dollars
- If you are a student, you must send us a copy/photo of both sides of your student card to verify and get a $20 discount.
- The student card must be an original student ID issued by the university in PVC material and must meet the following requirements: university information, student personal information, student photograph and expiration date valid for one year only, This year must coincide with the year that the student visits Machu Picchu, the discount up to 25 years.
- Special speech for groups of more than 5 people.
EXTRAS that we can organize for you.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu. $20
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain. $20
Choose your private tour and enjoy the most fascinating history of the city of Cusco, the capital of the Incas Land and Machu Picchu. We will organize everything based on your interest, receive the most personalized service, avoid the crowd and try to have the place just for you! . Request your private tour now!
Optional walks in Machu Picchu.
Huaynapicchu Mountain (Young Mountain): located north of the citadel at 2,693 meters above sea level. Its access is from the Inca citadel itself and it is a moderate walk of approximately 300 meters. The trekking is done through a steep path with steep steps that take you to the top of the mountain, where you can see constructions and agricultural terraces perfectly attached to the mountain.
From the top of this mountain, you have a privileged and complete view of the entire Inca citadel, for these reasons an astronomical religious function is attributed to it and at the same time a control point. There are 2 entrance shifts, the first from 7 to 8 am and the second from 9 to 10 am, each of them has 200 spaces that must be reserved in advance.
Machu Picchu Mountain (Old Mountain): located to the south of the Inca citadel (3,082 masl). Its access is from the Inca citadel itself through a wide and less steep path.
The trek to this mountain demands a good physical condition and reaching the top is a challenge. The walk is a gradual ascent with the presence of flat sections and steps. From the top of this mountain you have an impressive view not only of the Inca citadel but also of the surrounding mountains, such as the Salkantay, and in the same way you can see part of the Inca trail.
There are 2 shifts to start the walk from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. and from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.