Machu Picchu all day by train from Ollantaytambo
Discover one of the 7 wonders of the world by train
- Cusco - Ollantaytambo: 76 km / 1 h 45 min by bus
- Ollantaytambo - Machu Picchu: 45 km / 1 h 45 min by train
- Machu Picchu Town - Machu Picchu Inca City: / 30 min by bus
- Optional walks in Machu Picchu.
- Huaynapicchu Mountain (Young Mountain): located north of the citadel at 2,693 meters above sea level. Its access is from the Inca citadel itself and it is a moderate walk of approximately 300 meters. The trekking is done through a steep path with steep steps that take you to the top of the mountain, where you can see constructions and agricultural terraces perfectly attached to the mountain.
inclusions: Machu Picchu all day by train from Ollantaytambo
Referential start and end hours of the tour: 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m.
The tour begins with the transfer from the hotel to the train station in Ollantaytambo, located 1 hour and 45 minutes by bus, from there we board the train to Machu Picchu Pueblo located at the foot of the Machu Picchu mountain at 2000 m. During the train ride, you will enjoy beautiful views of mountains and towns located on the shores of the Urubamba Valley.
Once in the town of Machu Picchu. We will board the bus to reach the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu. Then we will start the guided tour visiting the most important sections and viewpoints of the historic Inca citadel. At the end of the guided tour, you will have free time to continue exploring Machu Picchu. Finally, we will descend towards Machu Picchu Pueblo, where you can have lunch and return to Cusco by train and bus at the scheduled time.
From the top of this mountain, you have a privileged and complete view of the entire Inca citadel, for these reasons an astronomical religious function is attributed to it and at the same time a control point. There are 2 entrance shifts, the first from 7 to 8 am and the second from 9 to 10 am, each of them has 200 spaces that must be reserved in advance.
Machu Picchu Mountain (Old Mountain): located to the south of the Inca citadel (3,082 masl). Its access is from the Inca citadel itself through a wide and less steep path.
The trek to this mountain demands a good physical condition and reaching the top is a challenge. The walk is a gradual ascent with the presence of flat sections and steps. From the top of this mountain you have an impressive view not only of the Inca citadel but also of the surrounding mountains, such as the Salkantay, and in the same way you can see part of the Inca trail.
There are 2 shifts to start the walk from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. and from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Pick up from your hotel at the Ollantaytambo station.
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Round trip train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (Expediton or Vistadome upon request)
- Bus tickets up and down Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- Huaynapicchu Mountain and Machu Picchu Mountain ($20.00 USD subject to availability)
- hotel in cusco
- Extra expenses not mentioned in the program.
What you should bring:
- Original passport document
- Original and valid international student card (ISIC).
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent.
- Small day pack, to carry your personal belongings during the tour.
- Expedition 300 USD Wagons perfect to enjoy a train trip.
- Vistadome 335 USD Vagones Panoramicos, a superior train travel experience.
Student discount: 20 US dollars
If you are a student, you must send us a copy/photo of both sides of your student card to verify and get a $20 discount.
The student card must be an original student ID issued by the university in PVC material and must meet the following requirements: university information, student personal information, student photograph and expiration date valid for one year only, This year must coincide with the year that the student visits Machu Picchu, the discount up to 25 years.
EXTRAS that we can organize for you.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu. $20
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain. $20