Inka Jungle Tour to Machu Picchu 5 days
Explore the majestic jungle of the Incas
- additional options
Itinerary: Inka Jungle a Machu Picchu
Day 01: Cusco – Abra Málaga – Santa María
Our first day of our Inca Jungle Trail, we will start our day by picking up all your respective hotels before driving to Abra Malaga, which is 4350 meters.
The trip will last approximately 2 and a half hours, giving you time to rest before starting our adventure or to eat some snacks if you did not have breakfast.
A little further down Abra Malaga, we’ll pack our bikes and race downhill for 3-4 hours, passing the change of scenery, plantations, and maybe some parrots! We will finish this part of our Inca Jungle Trail in Santa Maria where we will have lunch in a local restaurant.
After lunch, we will continue our Inca Jungle Tours by going on a short drive to the Vilcanota River, where we will go rafting! This part is a lower level rafting experience so everyone can do this, but definitely one of the most exciting parts of our Inka Jungle! We will return later in the afternoon to have dinner at a local restaurant and spend the night in a small local homestay.
- Lunch, dinner
Day 02: Santa Maria – Qellomayo – Cocalmayo – Santa Teresa
On our second day of our Inka Jungle Tours we will have breakfast around 7:00 am and start our trek. We will be walking most of the day, so today can be considered the most difficult of the trip! We will leave Santa María and walk to the small community of Qellomayo, which will be at a distance of 4 to 4 and a half hours. We will pass through coffee plantations, mangoes, oranges, coca fields, as well as a small original part of the Inca trail.
When we get to Qellomayo we will have lunch together at a local restaurant. After lunch we will continue walking for another 2 ½ to 3 hours until we reach the hot springs of Cocalmayo. Here we will take 1 to 2 hours to relax, immersing ourselves in the thermal baths found throughout our Inka Jungle Tours. From Cocalmayo, we will take a vehicle on a 20-minute drive to Santa Teresa. Here we will have dinner and spend the night in a local family accommodation.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Santa Teresa
Day 3: Santa Teresa – Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes
Our third day of our Inka Jungle Tours, we will start with breakfast and then take a car or a bus to the “Cola de Mono” zip line camp, which is only 20 minutes away. We will have a great time sliding down the zip lines that stretch along the valley, passing through the valley, part of our Inka Jungle Tours! We will be able to enjoy this adventure for approximately 2 hours before taking another vehicle to Hidroelectrica where we will have a lunch made with food from the area.
After we have finished lunch and rested a bit, we will start walking towards Aguas Calientes along the train tracks from Hidroeléctrica. This 3-4 hour hike is relatively easy as it is flat. In Aguas Calientes we will have dinner and stay in a hotel overnight. If we have time, we have the option to visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (entrance fees are approximately 10 Peruvian soles).
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
Today we will get up very early and have breakfast around 4:00 am before starting to climb towards Machu Picchu. Be sure to bring your passport and ISIC (International Student Identification Card) if you booked with a student discount.
We will enter with our guide and we will do a guided tour for approximately 2 hours explaining the main areas of Machu Picchu. Then we will have time to walk and climb the rest of Machu Picchu on our own. You will have time to tour the grounds and take photos. When you’re ready, you can take the bus back to Aguas Calientes, where you’ll have the rest of the day free to do as you please. Overnight in hotel.
Day 05: Machu Picchu – Cusco
Today we will finish our Inka Jungle Tour, having breakfast and according to your train schedule, we will take the Expedition train to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo a car/bus will be waiting for you to take you back to Cusco. Note: The train schedule may change depending on the availability of the train company. There will also be changes to your itinerary and price if you decide to change your departure time or upgrade to the Vistadome Train. If you booked later than most of your group for your Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu, you may not be on the same train as the rest of your group.
- Tour with professional guide
- 04 nights in basic hotel
- zip line
- Specific meals (4D, 4A and 4C – Vegetarian meal on request)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Mobility in our private car from Cusco to Abra Malaga.
- Professional bicycles: (hydraulic disc brake and SHIMANO accessories).
- Safety equipment:
- Seven o 661 Integral Helmet
- Full Gloves: FOX or TROY-LEE or Armor: FOX
- Knee pads: 661
- Waterproof jackets and pants.
- Support team
- First aid kit.
- oxygen balloon
- Communication radios.
- 01 bus up to Machupicchu.
- Return train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Return bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Tickets Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- personal travel insurance
- Incidental expenses.
- Meals not specified in the tour.
What you should bring:
- original passport
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) if you have a student discount
- Walking boots / shoes
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- comfortable pants
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Reusable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Insect repellent
- personal medication
- $410 per person.
- Special discount for groups of more than 5 people.
Choose your private tour and enjoy the most fascinating history of the city of Cusco, the capital of the Incas and Machu Picchu. We will organize everything based on your interest, receive the most personalized service, avoid the crowd and try to have the place just for you! Request your private tour now!
Consult a private tour now!
Extras for this tour.
- Trekking poles / Walking sticks
- Extra single room
- Expedition Train Service Class Upgrade to Vistadome (Scenic) Train Service
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu. Be sure to reserve early as there are limited spots available and they can go fast!
- Entrance to the hot springs of Aguas Calientes.
- Extra money to buy snacks, water, tips, etc.
Optional items to bring for your tour
- Cane (with rubber tip)
- Plasters and bandages.
- Extra money for personal expenses, tips, lunch on the last day, snacks, etc. We recommend that you bring about 200 Peruvian nuevos soles.
- Bathing suit for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes.
NOTE: The itinerary may change according to the weather and the health status of the hikers