Inka Jungle Tour to Machu Picchu 4 days
Explored the majestic ancient jungle of the Incas
- Meals: A/C
- Accommodation: Local family accommodation.
- Maximum altitude: 4350m
- Minimum altitude: 1250m
- Traveled distance: 70KM | 43.50mi
- Approximate cycling time: 3-4 hours.
itinerary: Inka Jungle a Machu Picchu
Day 01: Cusco, Abra Málaga, Santa María and Santa Teresa.
The Inca Jungle Trek tour starts at 7; 00 a.m. Sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery as you drive over 4,200 meters above sea level to the top of Abra Málaga. Take a deep breath, strap on the provided protective gear, and take in the majestic mountain before hitting the pavement on brand new mountain bikes. Feel the wind whip across your face as you wind your way through the winding mountain roads, past waterfalls, past mountain villages. Almost three hours and an emotion of 2,000 meters we will descend to Santa Maria. We will finish this part of our Inca Jungle Trail in Santa Maria where we will have lunch in a local restaurant.
After lunch, we will continue our Inca Jungle Tours going on a short drive to the Vilcanota River, where we will do Canoeing! This part is a lower level rafting experience so everyone can do this, but definitely one of the most exciting parts of our Inka Jungle! We will return later in the afternoon to have dinner at a local restaurant and spend the night in a small local homestay.
- Breakfast, lunch
Day 02: Santa Maria to Santa Teresa
At seven in the morning, you find yourself wrapped in the mists of the jungle. After a hearty breakfast, your day begins with a short but intense climb to begin your section of an authentic Inca Trail. As you ride up and down sheer cliffs above a stunning valley, your guide will transport you back to the time of the Incas, revealing some of what little we know of this amazing ancient culture.
The trail descends to Quellomayo, where the group will stop for lunch and have some time to relax in the hammocks. Be on the lookout for natural fruits, especially the flavor explosion that is maracuya (passion fruit). After lunch, the hike continues along the Urubamba River, crossing it at one point on a cart and pulley (safe but exciting!). Your day of hiking (around 10 miles) concludes with a visit to the pristine hot springs of Santa Teresa. Soak in the warm water and let the pains of the road melt away. Dinner and a comfortable hostel in Santa Teresa complete the day.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Santa Teresa
Day 3: Santa Teresa to Aguas Calientes
An option awaits at the beginning of the third day: continue trekking or choose to fly through the air 150 meters above the ground over rivers and the jungle! The zip line option includes transportation to the zip line facility and 5 zip lines. Are you brave enough to lean back into the prone monkey position? Or spread your wings and dive headfirst into the awesome superman position. Be sure to book your zip line ahead of time to ensure yourself the safest, highest, and fastest zips (there are several other lower quality zip line trips out there). The group will re-form at the Hydroelectric station for lunch before continuing the walk.
Another three hours of walking along the train tracks and the raging river brings you to the tourist town of Aguas Calientes. Travelers have the option of visiting the local hot springs or relaxing and exploring the city before dinner. Be sure to make it an early night to be up for the ascent to the gem of the tour – Machu Picchu!
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Aguas Calientes
Day 04: Machu Picchu – Cusco
Your ascent to Machu Picchu begins before the sun rises. Ascend step by step for about an hour up the Inca stairway to the ancient lost stronghold of Machu Picchu. A 2-hour guided tour reveals mysteries and raises questions about how the Incas lived and how they were able to accomplish these marvelous feats of engineering. After the tour, you have the option to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain for an even more incredible view of the ruins and cliffs of the Andes. Take your time to explore the wonderful ruins and get the perfect picture before heading back to Aguas Calientes. The return time to Cusco will depend on the transportation option or the return train you select.
Huayna Picchu is the mountain located at the northwest end of the ruins and Machu Picchu Mountain is located at the southwest end. Huayna Picchu is steeper, but more popular and has some interesting archaeological ruins at the top. Machu Picchu Mountain is a longer, less steep and less crowded hike and offers great views over Machu Picchu. Check out this amazing link for views from Huayna Picchu Mountain and Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Transfer from your hotel at 7:00 am.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo – 2:30 pm – 4:12 pm – 7:00 pm Train
- Private car, Abra Malaga or starting point by bike.
- Scott bikes hydraulic brakes, full face helmets, full body armor, full safety gear.
- All meals except the last day (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners)
- 3 Nights of Lodging (Santa María, Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes).
- An experienced bilingual “Adventure Guide”.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Last lunch in Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to Hot Spring 10 soles.
- Income to Waynapicchu and Machupicchu Mountain.
What you should bring:
- Small backpack.
- A fleece or fleece jacket.
- Good shoes or trekking boots
- Rain poncho (or rain jacket)
- Bathing suit, sandals and towels.
- Insect repellent
- T-shirts and shorts
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
- personal medicine
- Original passport.
- $330 per person.
- Special discount for groups of more than 5 people.
DISCOUNT FOR STUDENTS: 20 US dollars
- Under 18 years: US$20. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Students: $20 discount (Student Card of your university up to 35 years old)
- Children under 11 years: US$30. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$20. – All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Huayanpicchu costs an additional $20 dollars depending on the spaces (we have to reserve this in advance)
- Machupicchu mountain $20.
Choose your private tour and enjoy the most fascinating history of the city of Cusco, the capital of the Incas and Machu Picchu. We will organize everything based on your interest, receive the most personalized service, avoid the crowd and try to have the place just for you! Request your private tour now!
Consult a private tour now!