Hike to the rainbow mountain 2 days
Discovering the wonderful mountain of colors
Itinerary: Rainbow Mountain Hike
Your day begins in Cusco, where you are picked up at 7:45am for a 3-hour drive in a private van to the trailhead “en Quesiuno” (4400m). Then we start walking uphill for about 2 hours until we reach our camp. Our experienced team will set up the camp and the mules will carry the luggage for this trek.
Depending on how you feel when you arrive at the camp, you may want to hike to see the rainbow mountain to watch the stunning sunset or you may decide to rest. Our specialized cook will prepare dinner and we will rest early to get up early the next day. Then we can take advantage of being the first people to see “Vinicunca” at dawn before the hordes of hikers arrive!
- Breakfast, lunch
After an early breakfast, we will enjoy the incredible landscapes and hike for 1 hour (approx.) to Rainbow Mountain, taking advantage of the sunrise and being the first to see the spectacular views.
Afterwards, you will embark on your hike back to the trailhead (approximately 2 hours), where you will have lunch. Our private vehicle will wait for us to return to Cusco, where the trip will last approximately 3 hours.
- Professional English speaking guide (an additional guide will be present for groups of 9+)
- Pre-trek briefing at your hotel.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel and transfer to Quesiuno.
- Four person tent for every two hikers.
- Use of the kitchen tent, dining tent and portable toilets.
- professional cooks
- Porters and horses to carry 7 kg of your personal belongings.
- Canvas bag to store 8 kg of your personal equipment.
- 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
- Hot water for washing.
- Boiled and then cooled water to fill water bottles.
- Use of emergency oxygen bottle and first aid kit if necessary.
- Entrance to Rainbow Mountain Hike Peru
- Sleeping bag (Can be hired with us US$10)
- Trekking poles (can be hired from us US$5)
- Air mattress (can be hired with us US$10)
- Travel / medical / emergency insurance
What you should bring:
- original passport
- Sleeping bag
- Hiking clothing (winter coat/jacket, waterproof pants, hiking boots, rain poncho, winter hat, gloves, etc.)
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wet wipes, personal towel)
- Sun protection lotion (factor 35+ recommended)
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Spare batteries (batteries deplete faster at altitude)
- Binoculars Hiking poles (must be rubber-tipped
- Price per person US $365.00 (adults)
DISCOUNT FOR STUDENTS: 20 US dollars
- Student discount: US$20 (requires ISIC card to qualify)
- Discount for children under 18 years: US$20
Price per person US $ 420.00 (adults)
Important: the price includes up to 7 kilos of your personal belongings to be transported by the mules (it is NOT necessary to hire an additional Porter!).